Family Faith Formation
The Religious Education program at St. Bridget seeks to be attentive to the spiritual formation of all members of the family. Our Catholic tradition goes all the way back to Jesus. We seek to impart the teachings of Jesus and our Church to the young people of our parish. This will be a team effort. The priests of the parish will be very involved along with our Coordinator of Religious Education, catechists, aides, and in a very important way the parents of the children. We welcome you to Family Faith Formation, and we look forward to making this journey together. When Jesus is at the center of our lives and our families, we gain strength to put our faith into practice in daily life!
What does the Family Faith Formation Religious Education Program look like?
- It is a parish-based program that enriches the faith of the entire family.
- We use excellent faith formation materials, “Alive in Christ”, produced by Our Sunday Visitor.
- Twice a month, Pre-K (age 3) through 7th Grade children will come to the parish. We’ll gather together in the Parish Center and then the children will go to their faith formation class with their catechist to their individual classrooms.
- Once a month, parents will remain in the Parish Center to receive a faith formation teaching from one of the priests while the children are participating in their classrooms. What the priests share will be connected to what the children are learning.
- Once a month, parents will do a home lesson with their child(ren). This 30-45 minute home lesson gives you the flexibility to complete this lesson in your home at your own convenience.
- Seasonal activities will be an opportunity to bring all families together. Activities can include family adoration, the Sacrament of Reconciliation, a Family Living Rosary, or prayer experiences.
Why Family Faith Formation Religious Education Program?
- Studies show that parents are the MOST IMPORTANT element in a child’s faith life. That is why the Church asks parents at their child’s Baptism to accept the responsibility of raising their child in the practice of the faith. Family Faith Formation is designed to give you the tools and confidence to live that promise.
- Family Faith Formation will allow parents to experience community in the parish, find support among other Catholic parents, and grow in their own faith along with their children.
- The program will be on Sunday mornings from 8:30-9:45am and will allow families to participate in the 10:00am Sunday Mass.
How do I Register for Family Faith Formation?
- Click on the “Family Registration Form” button below to access the online registration form to fill out. Follow directions on the form to add additional children. You can also register your children for the sacrament preparation of Baptism, First Communion, and Youth Confirmation on this same form.
How do I Make Payment for Family Faith Formation & Sacrament Registration?
- The online registration form will also accept online payment. Follow directions on the form if other payment options are needed.